Monday, April 14, 2014

{Curtain Solution}

{Curtain Solution}


I am SUPER excited to share this little tutorial with you today! 
I have shared this trick with a number of friends over the years, I hope you love it as much as they have.

First things first... Supplies!!!
~A wire hanger or long stick with hook

~Ribbon or thick string
(I always like to use ribbon that matches closely with the curtain I am working with) 

~scissors

AND PATIENCE! :)

OK, here's an example of a typical curtain. 
When I first started my journey of decorating it would DRIVE me CRAZY that one side of my curtain would gather and the other side looked flat and lifeless! ughh!! 
So I came up with this easy solution. 
It might be somewhat simpleton, but it works for me.


BEFORE

AFTER


{Step #1}
Take your curtain panel and lay it on its backside


{Step #2}
Find an old wire hanger or long stick with a hook, Anything that you can attach your  ribbon or string to.  

(In the Picture I have used a wired hanger that I straightened. I attached ribbon and left the hook  at the end
so the ribbon wouldn't slide off)


{Step #3}
Thread the ribbon through the open tab
(Tip...make sure you have plenty of extra ribbon on BOTH sides)


{Step #4} 
Tie the ends of the ribbon together 



{Step #5} 
It's finally time to add the rod. 
Keep the ribbon tied together when you are doing this. 
(It might be a tight squeeze!)

{Step #6}
Voila...hang your curtain rod and you're done!! 
I love this little trick because you never have to fuss with your curtains ever again! 
They stay PERFECTLY gathered all the time. 

 Just one more thing that makes life a little easier! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment