Saturday, September 28, 2013

Patter: Khimars Cutting – ENJOY for LIFE-TIME


Patter: Khimars Cutting – ENJOY for LIFE-TIME

It was last year that a sister commented on the way i wear my hijab consisting of a long shayla, a head-cap, few pins, and a niqab. It looked too much to her. I loved khimars always. They look amazing on a woman. Alhamdulillah. However, i did not know how to wear one. I was given one once but i gave it away because i did not know how to wear it. Then, my friend got me 2 from Yemen, i gave them away too as i did not know how to wear them. The fabric was so soft. I missed them but i couldn’t use them. So, since that sister commented i wanted to replace my shayla for khimar. Think after a year later, Allah guided me to khimar and i wear them and i LOVE THEM SOOOOOOOOO MUCH. HONEST. I love khimars. They are sooooooooo Comfortable. Alhamdulillah. So loose and wide and air goes in and out. And my neck area is free of wrapping Alhamdulillah. I feel so blessed and happy. Alhamdulillah.
I made this lemon color long khimar out of linen fabric. The length reaches my shin area from the back more than from the front. I use it for my prayer. I made it into a tied khimar, which is not that hard but it was my first try. And Alhamdulillah it is cool Alhamdulillah.
So below are few cutting tips for Khimar. I hope you make yours and ENJOY it for a life-time.
photo
this is the full length fabric. Fold it in half.
IMG_0510
so here is your folded fabric. the left folded side is your back side of the khimar and the right side is your 2 edges area that is your ham area and front edges area is your to be sewn front area that will hang down from your neck.
IMG_0511
Cut in curve like you see my marks… front sewn area should be 3-4 inches shorter than the back area. Remember. and then cut and sew the ham lines and enjoy for life-time the khimars.
IMG_0512IMG_0513

No comments:

Post a Comment